Monday, December 30, 2013

Amazon stumped in theft of Bill Crider meme: the back cover of TRIALS OF O'BRIEN by Robert L. Fish







If you bring up the Amazon page for this tie-in to the mid-'60s Peter Falk series (which had the ratings misfortune, in its only season, to be slotted against established fogey fave The Lawrence Welk Show and insurgent Get Smart!), the algorithm is flummoxed. Believe or not. (No doubt not uniquely, but I'm amused by the phrasing below.)

Believe it or not we don't have any recommendations for you related to
Trials of O'Brien
Clear selection



4 comments:

Bill Crider said...

I love to stump Amazon.

Todd Mason said...

I would think that Fish's name would bring up a long string of BULLITT/MUTE WITNESS editions and products, at least.

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

I do use Amazon in desperation, but I do hate 'em - thanks for that Todd!

John said...

When I'm not signed in I do not see that odd phrase. Anywhere. When I am signed in I have, of course, a slew of recommendations none of which are related to Robert L Fish, Peter Falk or the content of the book. Instead, they are based on what I have purchased in the past.