Saturday, August 22, 2015

Hugo Awards Ceremony 2015 video feed and link to Hugo results...

Locus magazine list of winners and runners up...

A pretty good roundup of the arguments in Wired magazine, albeit featuring a foolish
misrepresentation early in the article that most sf has been about white male zap-gun engineers...arguably true in, say, 1930s magazines...

For a while, the Nominations video was the only one up and feeding at this link, now supplemented. (And the recording of the noms starts several minutes in as presented, and their PA system seemed to be picking up a local radio station, or at least it's audible on the audio as a background undercurrent.)


Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed visiting and browsing through your fine blog, and your postings have given me a lot of authors and titles to add to my "must read" list. Now, though, may I be bold enough to change the subject and invite you to visit my blog? I am a retired federal government court reporter and paralegal, and I am an avid reader and reviewer of crime, detective, mystery, espionage, and historical fiction; the new edition of my blog, "Crimes in the Library," is where you will able to find regularly posted book reviews and commentary. Here is the address: http://crimesinthelibrary.blogspot.com/ I hope you will stop by and comment often. Thanks, Harper

Gerard said...

The WIRED article you posted to FICTION_L was pretty good.

Todd Mason said...

Thanks, Harper...I have visited your fine blog, actually.

I thought so, Gerard. Though that one passage was pretty annoying. Thanks (Gerard should've put his blog on his name as a link, too: http://booksareforsquares.blogspot.com